Tuesday, August 30, 2011

KITCHEN LAYOUT...cleaning area specific question


There are TWO options for the cleaning area.... which is preferred?

OPTION # 1 is where the sink is NOT entered on the window, and the trash is in the right corner, but very accessible via the sink and the range.  The dishwasher is on the left.  A sample sink is shown below as well.  Do we need to go with this type of sink to at least center the faucet?  Will this layout work and is this the better layout?
Or should we go with OPTION #2, which CENTERS the sink, but the trash is now located on the far side of the dishwasher and far from the range.   More traditional, but the trash is not as accessible, an open dishwasher is in the path and the range is quite far. 








2 comments:

  1. I don't know if this has been decided but I really would go with the sink centered on the window.

    I know the trash can is further away... but it's not that far. I think you'd get used to it. Plus.. you rarely will need to use the trashcan when the dishwasher is open.

    Thoughts on sink (if you want my thoughts!).... have you considered one large rectangular undermount stainless sink? I am just curious as to why you chose that once since the shape makes you loose some great space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind... I see why you were showing that sink... becuase of the faucet placement!

    ReplyDelete